It’s one thing to have a great accessibility checklist, but checklists and testing tools often miss the mark on user experience. There are lots of subjective decisions to make when building an accessible website.
In this training, you’ll get hands-on experience using assistive technology and browser-based tools to understand how our decisions effect the user experience of those using assistive technologies.
Learn how to apply accessibility standards at the level of design, content, and code. Start developing the instincts to create more semantic websites throughout the lifecycle of a web project.
This talk will cover the following topics:
- Accessibility terminology and concepts
- Understanding the relationship between web accessibility and user experience
- Design and content considerations for accessibility
- Identifying common accessibility issues at the code level
- Accessibility testing tools and assistive technologies
- Incorporating accessibility best practices into your workflow