Published on July 28, 2015
Powered by Engagement Labs & #PSEWEB
Higher education has a unique opportunity to build a network of highly engaged influencers.
- 100% industry adoption (Dartmouth study)
- 25% of students say tech played a roll in their selection of school
- 13% of students use social to choose courses
#PSEWEB scanned 150 Canadian university and college homepages for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts and found 145, 138, 64 respectively. 96.67% of Canadian higher education homepages link to a Facebook Page, 92% link to a Twitter account and 42.67% link to an Instagram account.
145 of the 150 schools had Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts that passed the threshold for data analysis with Engagement Labs and were used to create a summer snapshot.
- Students/prospective students use social media as a primary channel to interact with their schools.
- Having a team in place to respond and interact is essential for attracting them and creating ambassadors.
- Bragging Rights (discoveries & research)
- Sports (school spirit and athletics achievements)
- Campus Experiences (tap into student experiences)
- Leveraging Alumni (sharing experiences & successes)
- In the Moment (day to day life and real-time happenings)
- Most active Facebook User Base – University of Lethbridge (31%)
- 2nd most active Facebook User Base – University of Victoria (26%)
- Highest mention/follower ratio – Cape Breton University (43/1000)
- Highest retweet/follower ratio – Trent University (20/1000)
Top Facebook Pages
- #1 University Facebook Page: University of Saskatchewan
- #2 University Facebook Page: Simon Fraser University
- #1 College Facebook Page: Conestoga College
- #2 College Facebook Page: St. Clair College
Top Twitter Accounts
- #1 University Twitter Account: Brock University
- #2 University Twitter Account: Trent University
- #1 College Twitter Account: Red Deer College
- #2 College Twitter Account: Mohawk College
Top Instagram Accounts
- #1 University Instagram Account: York University
- #2 University Instagram Account: Western University
- #1 College Instagram Account: Georgian College
- #2 College Instagram Account: Centennial College
- Best Canadian Homepage, eduStyle – Seneca College
- Best Sub-Site (People’s Choice) , eduStyle – RU Student Life, Ryerson University
- Best Community Driven Site/Use of Social Media, eduStyle – Road to Ryerson, Ryerson University
Also received CCAE’s Prix d’Excellence Best PR/Marketing/Communications Initiative
- CCAE Prix d’Excellence Best Website – Loyalist College (Gold), Université Laval Alumni Association (Silver), Concordia University’s Shuffle 25 (Bronze)
- CCAE Prix d’Excellence Best Online Communications (Gold) – Memorial University, We Are Research
Special mention to the winners of CCAE
Prix d’Excellence Best Use of Social Media
University of Waterloo Student Instagram Takeovers (Gold)
About Engagement Labs
Engagement Labs’ eValue™ Score is the global benchmark for social media scoring. eValue Analytics Pro, an enterprise-grade social media analytics platform, scores brands between 0-100. eValue measures brands’ social media and digital marketing efforts. It’s composed of a series of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), including Engagement, Responsiveness and Impact, which is benchmarked against 100,000+ handpicked and verified brands.
The eValue score is composed of Engagement, Impact and Responsiveness metrics. Engagement is the level of interaction content receives on a specific social network, Impact is the unique reach content receives on a specific social network, and Responsiveness measures how much, how fast and how well a brand responds to actual conversations amongst its users.
Engagement Labs offers intelligent social data, analytics and insights for organizations that are actively engaging on social networks. Offered as a SaaS or through an API, the eValue™ analytics platform allows brands to measure and maximize the effectiveness of their social media marketing campaigns, as well as measure that of their competitors across major social networks Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Engagement Labs maintains offices in Montreal, Toronto, Paris and New York. www.engagementlabs.com / www.evaluesuite.com
For media inquiries please contact:
Bryan Segal, CEO
Engagement Labs Inc.
KCSA Strategic Communications
#PSEWEB is a conference for college and university marketers, programmers, designers, digital architects and community managers – we are the people behind the online faces of our institutions.
#PSEWEB sessions cover all areas of the digital marketing industry – from strategy to execution, architecture to analytics, design to development, across web, social media, email, and mobile. The conference comes from the HighEdWeb Conference started in the United States and aims to bring the same amazing content, and high quality experience to those of us who happen to work in Canada.
Powered by Community (& Awesome)
#PSEWEB started as a conversation, lead to a LinkedIn Group, took over Brock University for three days in 2010 and trended nationally on Twitter – thanks to amazing conversions with amazing people – and continues to be the national home for Canadian higher education digital marketing professionals – sold out in Montreal for 2015 and trended nationally on Twitter within the opening keynote presentation delivered by Ken Steele, Eduvation.
Speakers travel across the country, the United States, India and the UK to speak for free and join the experience.