A university website impacts every department and function within it. It is therefore not just the responsibility of marketing or IT to shape the direction of the site. This presentation will outline the approach Saint Mary’s University took to overhaul its web presence.
– Mobilization of the steering committee to actively drive change
– Selection and implementation of a CMS to lay the foundation for future changes
– Migration into CMS and cleanup of old content
– Training of the entire user base in CMS, writing for the web, and to inform and get buy-in to web and content strategy
– Complete overhaul of the website, including new IA and new design (with responsive design thrown in just to make things more interesting)
– The recruitment of a content manager to take ownership of the content strategy; to ensure content remains relevant, impactful and consistent across all departments
– The rollout of user group workshops for continued training and to generate greater engagement and stakeholder involvement