So you're keen to attend #PSEWEB, but still need to convince your boss. But what do you say?
Many of our previous conference delegates and community members will attest that the #PSEWEB community is warm, welcoming, supportive, and always eager to help. That said, we get that usually doesn’t make the best business case to get your boss onside with adding #PSEWEB to your PD plan.
We know you’re busy, so we’ve compiled a few other key reasons why attending is a solid investment:
- Our 2020 pricing is extremely competitive; plus as a digital conference, you’ll incur no travel costs to attend.
- You’ll gain practical skills from folks who are doing the real work every day (with the added bonus of learning largely within the Canadian higher ed context).Why does this matter? Learning from their success stories will save you time and money in trying to figure out what works, plus learning directly from folks who work in higher education reduces your need to translate and adapt learnings based on our industry’s unique structures and challenges.
- Working in digital requires that you consistently keep your skills sharp so that you can keep up with the latest technologies, trends, and algorithms. Attending #PSEWEB is a key opportunity to accomplish this through attending breakout sessions and by connecting with your peers.
- Think of the #PSEWEB community as an expanded brain trust: participating means that you’re building your network of higher ed digital colleagues that you can converse with during and after the conference for questions, resources, and more.Why is this important to invest in right now? COVID-19 has thrown the world for a loop; tapping into what other institutions are doing (and how they’re accomplishing it) can be critically helpful when developing your own plan for any upcoming changes. During peak periods, it’s significantly easier to tap into an existing network than trying to make new connections on the fly.
- With speakers hailing from across Canada, a few from the US, and one from overseas, our speaker roster demonstrates rich geographic, institutional, and topical depth from all areas of the postsecondary digital realm. See the full speakers list »
- Interested in taking a workshop? These are 4-hour hands-on workshops that are specially designed for higher ed at a price that’s designed to work with current higher ed budgets. You’ll be part of a small group of participants who will benefit from close attention from the facilitator, which means that you’ll come away from the workshop ready to apply new knowledge to your work life. More about the workshops »
Level up: Personalize your request
Remember to highlight 3-5 sessions from the conference schedule that will be particularly relevant to your role in the next year, and explain why they’ll be beneficial to you. This will help to tie your request even closer to your unit’s goals and provide a direct return on investment for your upcoming projects.